Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More than Halfway Through!!

Steve is here and life is grand. Needless to say, I am thrilled that we are experiencing India together now. I picked him up at Mumbai airport on a Friday night and we hung out in the city and checked out the sites before heading back to Pune on Sunday. All of the sites were great. I really enjoyed checking out the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower hotel. It was a great break from the hustle and bustle of the big city. I booked last minute so we ended up in a fantastic location but not such a great hotel. It was...ok but could have been cleaner. Steve was ok with not eating Indian food in Mumbai since I eat it everyday in Pune. For drinks we ended up at Leopold's which was a casual bar frequented by tourists and locals with buy 2 get 1 free beers. For dinner, we checked out Indigo which had nice mix of food in a nice civilized setting.
It wasn't an overly hectic weekend since Steve was still a bit jetlagged. That suited me just fine. A highlight of this weekend were the children that wanted to practice their English on us in the Banganga Tank area. It was adorable.
I have to say though, when it rains in Mumbai, it certainly feels like monsoon season. It's quite torrential.
Steve brought some much appreciated goodies for me: 3 bottles of red wine, some cans of tuna and a large bottle of Hendricks gin from Heathrow. YUM! Care packages are always nice.

No comments: